Switch to full style
Put your non B-body stuff in here. Please keep it PG though...
Post a reply

Bad news

Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:51 am

I've been having a big problem with starters on my ugly build, finally bought a mini starter for it, problem cured until it fired up and ran. After it started I heard a noise like the flexplate hittin the starter gear, so I emedietly killed it and climbed under it to inspect. Good news is the starter problem with grinding is fixed, bad news the crank thrush bearing is so worn out I can visually see it moving the balancer with one hand moving the flexplate without having to break out the dial indicator it was touching the starter gear but no damage. So back to the drawing board on a engine, I do have another one i'm gonna check out and may do a cam swap and re-ring job on or maybe have my buddy finish the machine work on my other one at his shop and have a all new fresh engine with a hefty lope and more compression. This time i'll prob clean and paint the engine up nice for it.

Re: Bad news

Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:05 am

Yikes! That is a lot of play. Hoping you find a better one to swap...

Re: Bad news

Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:23 am

I have two more one i might can get running and the other one is at my buddies shop , i gave him the go ahead to machine it when his work slacks off so looks like i'm building another engine.
Post a reply