Seeing to it my car gets a good home.

Non-specific B-body discussion

Seeing to it my car gets a good home.

Postby 77Delta88Royal » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:21 pm

Hi all..
I decided to sell my daily driven work car it's a 1977 Delta 88 but have no clue what its really worth. I'm really confused on where to start because it's turned sentimental. It's what I call a survivor car. I keep on getting offers from folks who don't even know I intend on selling it, so it selling isn't a concern. Question is if it will go to a really good home. I'd like to sell it to someone who is looking for this year of car and would love to have it for what it's really worth. For now without any pictures, would you suggest a way it goes to the right person and an asking price?? Here are the stats.
977 Delta 88 (has lived in NE Oklahoma all it's life)
2 door coupe. 86,000 mi., stock drive train-- 350 engine vin code L ( it isn't and olds engine it"s a corporate GM350 with non computer 4 barrel)---200m transmission.... factory---> paint /vinyl top, body panels, bumpers, very little rust, AC (i made the AC great, gets hot here) / Heat, manual locks / windows, pwr seat and factory radio (it gets AM and FM ooooh I know!!!!). She does have a good few dings and dents and a good 12"x12" booboo on her passenger quarter panel thats ugly. Mostly though its 95% there. Is asking $2200 too much and should I bother posting on E-Bay??? So please tell me what ya think. She needs a good home.
77Delta88Royal

Postby theholycow » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:45 am

If you're worried about it going to a good home (and I agree, you should be), I'd say stick with enthusiast forums like this or consider some of the unsolicited offers you've gotten. eBay is probably not going to work out well. I'd hate to see it get turned into a donk, or beaten to death and junked, etc.
1980 Buick LeSabre Limited 4.1 V6 T5 5 speed manual, 38,000 miles, family heirloom. (Up to 78,000 miles now, can't believe my work is holding up!)
theholycow
Shadetree Mechanic

77 delta coupe

Postby 77Delta88Royal » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:50 pm

Thanks for the advise. E-bay has not really appealed to me for this situation I just threw it out there. Donked and beaten to death is truly my fear. I have some good quality time with it and don't really want it to go to waste. i found out after i got the car GM made the 77Deltas an official pace car for Indianapolis 500. I tease my Mopar buddies I'm going to clone it and sell it for more money than any 70 Hemi Challenger clone. I got a few shots of it on my computer. So now I can show it off.

77Delta88Royal

Postby rabidmadman » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:41 pm

I say you're asking a fair price. From a daily driver perspective, I personally wouldn't pay more than $1000-1500 for it considering it has a large dent and rust. Also, the 200m isn't a very strong transmission from what I hear, but who knows. Either way, I say you're asking a fair price and considering it's got the chevy motor, you'll likely get within reason of what you're asking. I was thinking this came with the Olds 403, which is supposedly a bad motor with a faulty intake design.
Active:
1989 9c1 Chevrolet Caprice || L05 || 159,200 mi

Pseudo Retired:
1990 9c1 Chevrolet Caprice || L05 || 292,585 mi

Sold:
1988 Chevy Caprice Classic || LG4 || Sold 9/25/2010 with 135, 558 mi

rabidmadman
Shadetree Mechanic

Return to General B-Body discussion