It's a lonely road for B-Bodies these days.....

Non-specific B-body discussion

It's a lonely road for B-Bodies these days.....

Postby rabidmadman » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:33 pm

For those that don't know, my Caprice is my daily driver and I try to avoid driving in horrible snow storms like the one going on currently..but I had no choice today.

My 20 minute commute turned into a 120 minute commute. This wasn't entirely due to traffic though. I experienced this significant delay due to being perpendicular to traffic flow throughout the majority of the trip. My only comfort was this B-Body, a 1980-1985 Buick Lesabre (you guys can probably tell me the exact year of this thing), that drove beside me for a solid half hour. It's a lonely road for B-bodies these days and I wouldn't expect to see one in harsh conditions like this. As we fish tailed and dominated the road, I couldn't help but wonder if he was thinking the same thing as me...and that was, "I gotta get to a car wash tomorrow because all this salt's gonna destroy my car..."

Active:
1989 9c1 Chevrolet Caprice || L05 || 159,200 mi

Pseudo Retired:
1990 9c1 Chevrolet Caprice || L05 || 292,585 mi

Sold:
1988 Chevy Caprice Classic || LG4 || Sold 9/25/2010 with 135, 558 mi

rabidmadman
Shadetree Mechanic

Re: It's a lonely road for B-Bodies these days.....

Postby hotwheelsboy28 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:54 pm

Looks like a 84 or 85 model they were the only 2 years with the long tail lights that went the length from side marker to the license plate.
hotwheelsboy28
Actual Owner

Re: It's a lonely road for B-Bodies these days.....

Postby Rare one » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:39 pm

I feel your pain man. I too hate driving my 78 Bel Air in the salty death. I power wash after every harsh outing. Luckly my car was oiled and undercoated from day 1 and I have the luxury of getting a product we have in Canada called Krown T-40
For free from my work. Its a most excellent rust inhibitor and penitrant and my car shows :D

I also am a strong believer in large mud guards that hang down far and wide enough to keep all the nasty off the bottoms of the doors, rockers and frame. Helps huge at warding off the tin worm.

So many great cars were labeled as "rust buckets" simply because the never received any anti rust treatment what so ever!
"Save em, while we got em"
Rare one

Return to General B-Body discussion