Standing water in my floor pan

Non-specific B-body discussion

Standing water in my floor pan

Postby hotwheelsboy28 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Had a new windshield put in my 80 Lesabre, it really needed it , it was cracked very bad,figured that would stop the water on the passenger side, guess the cowl drain is stopped up anyone know how to unstop it or fix this problem i have green mold in my carpet and not liking it, thanks.
hotwheelsboy28
Actual Owner

Re: Standing water in my floor pan

Postby NotDadsW41 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Ever watch Top Gear on BBC? They have a clever way of handling this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgZobRfDEzU
CD Smalley
Site Owner/Admin
1991 W41 #142
1995 Astro
1989 9C1
1997 C1500

"No sacrifice or service of mine requires any other reward than that which conscience gives to every man who does his duty" - Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
NotDadsW41
Site Admin

Re: Standing water in my floor pan

Postby Grover » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:53 pm

Not entirely sure about the Buick, but I'd imagine it's similar to the Caprice, and on that vehicle, there is a small hole on the passenger side, around where the evaporator is, that you can see from the bottom. I've had to get a small fish tape or other wire in there and bust up the dirt that has gotten down there. Check to make sure your screens are in good shape and are preventing dirt and larger objects from going down there. Once you break it up, run some water down there, or if you are going to take off some of the vents up top, you might be able to get a pressure washer in there, depending on geometry. If you have trouble locating things, let me know and I'll try and get a picture of what I'm talking about on my car.
1989 Caprice Classic
5.7L V8, 200R4, 2.73 gears
Grover
Actual Owner

Return to General B-Body discussion