Switch to full style
Non-specific B-body discussion
Post a reply

Snowed in

Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:42 am

Won't be driving the Caprice any time soon.

Unburying it will take a while, waiting for the roads to clear enough to drive a RWD car like that is going to take longer. Oh well.

Re: Snowed in

Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:08 am

Snow tires, good snow removal equipment, and tons of experience help a lot. I've continued driving my B-body to work, putting 80 miles per day on it, even during snowstorms. It's fun!

Since that last photo, I shoveled the waist-deep snow off the roof and we got a few more inches, now the pile is higher than the bottom of that bathroom window.

Well, I better get out there and remove snow so I can go to work...late.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:37 pm

Yeah, no snow tires and horrible plowing of our roads + idiot drivers = me not driving the caprice. I'd rather not someone else run into it. I've had plenty of fun sliding around in the snow back in the midwest when I grew up. Over that. Front wheel or 4wd in the snow for me. :-)

Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:45 am

Been daily driving a B-Body for nearly 10 years now, 10 winters. Unfortunately, I wrecked my current car one of those 10 winters....(was cut off on the highway in the middle of a snow storm) but put it back together and drove another 3 winters since :)
Post a reply